- Step 1: Attach a tag (sticker, keyhanger,...) to one of you valuable belongings.
- Step 2: Visit the tag's unique url (eg. lost.io/woc6ves) and follow the on-screen instructions to activate your tag.
- Step 3: Add a reward: this is an incentive for the finder to bring back your lost object.
- Step 4: In case you lose it: the finder visits the tag's url and gives us his contact information.
- Step 5: You have 2 options to get back your lost object:
You pay a 4 EUR fee in exchange for the contact information of the finder. You will be responsible yourself to get back your lost item and reward the finder.
You pay us the reward and a 4 EUR fee. The finder will ship the lost item to your address and sends us a receipt (to proof he actually shipped it). As soon as you received the item we'll ask you to pay the shipment costs. Finally, we will give the finder his well-earned reward together with shipping costs.
- Final step: Do a little dance! You got your precious belonging back.
"It's the most cost-effective way to protect your belongings."
There’s often a big gap between the value of personal items for you, as an owner, compared to the value of this items for an external person (e.g. USB memory stick, glasses, keys). In addition, most of our belongings aren’t linked to our identity.
So, when we lose a precious belonging, an opportunity (value gap) and a problem (unknown owner) arises. Our products exploit that opportunity through the promised reward and solve this problem by linking the object to your identity through a unique url.
Advantages of our concept compared to self-made stickers with your name/contact information:
- Sleek, minimal design.
- Durable & water-resistant tags.
- Extra incentive for the finder via money rewards.
- Not necessary to have direct contact with the finder.
- Receive an email notification as soon as somebody views your unique tag url.
Is a self-made sticker with my name/phone number a better substitute?
Nope, not at all. Our products have a lot of advantages compared to a self-made sticker with your name/phone number:
- Extremely durable, waterproof, weatherproof and applicable on almost every surface
- The reward is an incentive for the finder to help bring back the lost item
- The finder can avoid direct contact with the owner (full anonymity), which is a lower treshold for many people.
- Safer, not necessary to have direct contact with the finder
- Almost as cheap as a self-made sticker
- Your personal account gives you an overview of your belongings
- Sleek design
Are tracking devices a better alternative?
For most of the belongings, our product fits better. A tracking device has some important disadvantages:
- Very expensive compared to a tag (>300 times more expensive)
- Larger and more striking
- The battery has a limited lifespan
- Impossible to stick on every object, especially smaller ones
Is it possible that some people will steal the object in order to get the reward?
We always ask the finder to give us a detailed description of the find (exact place and time). We'll then pass this information to the owner and ask him to estimate the probability it was a theft. We assume you’ll be glad that you’ll get back your belonging and will give us an honest answer in order to thank the honesty of the finder. In addition, the number of finds by one person is an indicator of the probability of theft.